Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
t5alive.co.uk is a site operated by T5 Alive. Our office address is: Threeways, Church End, North Summercosts, Louth, LN11 7PZ.
The website is owned by T5 Alive.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about OUR products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
COOKIES & MONITORING
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data:
- To other companies within our group.
- If we sell our business.
- To agents and service providers.
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber-crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
- If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
All customers have the right to cancel their orders under the The Consumer Contracts (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which gives consumers extra protection when buying online. You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of fourteen days from the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract and in any case within 14 days of cancellation.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of receipt of the unwanted goods. You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by you.
RIGHT TO REJECT
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you can reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described and get a full refund. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you take ownership of the product.
Free delivery is within the UK mainland only (not including Highland/Islands postal addresses, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and some AB or IV postal codes). We are able to arrange delivery outside this area at an additional cost to you; please contact us for details. Dispatch from our warehouse will usually be undertaken within 2 working days of receipt of your order and we will contact you if we are unable to fulfill this. We endeavor to use delivery companies that offer a 1-2 day delivery service, but an exact delivery date cannot be guaranteed, especially during busy periods such as the run up to Christmas. The maximum period is 30 days.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (www.t5alive.co.uk). We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.